Home > Trainers > Dr Zakaria Zaki Al Attal
Experience as a Healthcare Executive in Dubai Health Authority (DHA)
- Serve as a member in the CEOs committee for the hospital service sector in DHA / HSS
- Oversees the quality management program at the DHA -HSS
- Facilitated the development of strategic plans for department of health and medical services- Dubai, ministry of health -UAE and Dubai health authority - Dubai.
- Served as a member in the quality council of Dubai health care city- Dubai 2007-2008.
- Lecturer at the Dubai Women’s’ Medical college
- Lecturer in the residency programs at DHA on patient safety
Dr. Al Attal has an honor’s master’s degree in Quality Management and a master’s degree in Nursing. He received the Dubai Quality Group Award for being the top graduate of Wollongong University 2003. During his long clinical experience he successfully managed to train a significant number of health professionals in a very safe manner. He lectures in international conferences on Accreditation, Patient Safety Quality Management, Performance Management, and Health Management. Zakaria is a certified senior assessor for Dubai Quality award - EFQM (European Quality Award) as well as he is an ISO certified assessor. Zakaria a faculty member and lecturer at the Dubai Women’s’ Medical college. Dr. Al-Attal has consulted in The Middle East, Asia, Europe and Africa. Dr Al Attal started his consultation work with JCI in July 2006
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ)
- National Association for Healthcare Quality (NAHQ)
- American College of Health Care Executives (ACHCE)
- Nursing Association in Jordan
- PhD, University of Salford, Manchester, UK.
- Master in Quality Management, Wollongong University, Dubai, UAE.
- Master in Nursing (MSN) Jordan University.
Dr. Zakaria Zaki Al Attal is a Certified Professional and Trainer in Healthcare Quality Management (CPHQ)”. Zakaria is expert in implementing and introducing quality concepts in organizations through managing different challenges to enhance the quality of health care services. He is the director of quality and performance management of the Dubai Health Authority (DHA-HSS).
Zakaria Zaki Al-Attal, PhD, CPHQ
Director of Quality Management DHA, HSS- Dubai
Over 15 years in Health Care Management
He oversees the quality, risk management, performance management and accreditation programs in the four governmental hospitals and specialized centers of the Dubai Health Authority. Zakaria is a professional trainer for health care providers and health administrators on Quality improvement and management competencies at Wollongong University- Dubai (2002-2006) as well as he provided on job training for health care organization staff in different countries. He provides on job consultation for hospital in different countries in the world on subjects related to quality and patient safety. Zakaria got his PhD award from the University of Salford - Manchester- UK on the factors affecting the implementation of the JCI standards in UAE Hospitals.